Sunday, August 22, 2010

Edoh& complaint to Newlook


Well... heres the e-mail I wrote to newlook to give you an idea.

When comaplaining via writing, always be polite and straight forward... I know it's hard to lose the sarcasm (I have a really tough time with it too) But becareful of the difference between childish fangirl raging and a formal mature complaint.

Hello, I have recently been bought to the attention of this shirt print: www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/oversized-face-top_203275121

I wish to tell you that the design is a rip-off of a popular Japanese rock band "the GazettE" and the face is of a person named of Uruha under the label PSC. www.pscompany.co.jp

Please see here for the original photo from a magazine scan:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m84/vitheca/Gazette/uruha3.jpg

I am angry and upset of the thought that the designer behind the shirt has blatantly plagiarised the photo. I am giving fair warning before the actual company finds out and decide to sue over copyright. New look is one of my favourite clothing retailers as alike to many of my friends, so we are truly disappointed our company can do such a thing.

May I also add that the person on the image is male and not the described "Pixelated punky girl”

I only wish for New look to take the shirts off line and cease to sell the plagiarised print, and the stealing culprit to be rightly punished for copying.

Edited +extra message:
Hello, I do not mean to double message, but I have found out your shirt is not just a copy of a photo, but the rip off of some one else's fan illustration.

your shirt design: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/oversized-face-top_203275121

illustration:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=uruha&order=9&offset=24#/dy1952

This has really angered the fanbase for this band, please remove this shirt from sale.

Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment