Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ruby Wants A Word with Edem Hator (BAFIC)

Whats your name [We'll start simple]
My Mum and Dad named me Edem, I do creative stuff under the name Bafic

What do you do, study, work etc ?
I’m at College studying Art & Design, I’m interning at a Creative Agency, and I do a little Freelance work

How do you spend your free time?
Watching DragonBall z online and Drawing.

The main thing brands don't seem to get about being my age is...
We are not dumb, Using someone in the public eye to be the face of your product when everybody knows they don't use it is not a clever move. Oh and don’t talk to us with words like ‘Funky’ and ‘Urban’. I hate seeing brands with such amazing history change “image” If Barbour come out with a new lookbook shot inside someone’s loft in Brooklyn with fixed gears, desert boots, and chambrays I think I might shoot myself. Don’t compromise your history so you can cater to a new audience who might be bored with you product in a couple seasons. A good example of a brand keeping in touch with its history and still reaching a new audience is Harris Tweed. They done stuff with Nike, Clarks and I read their doing a collection with Topman. I don’t really like that shop but that’s pretty dope that they're doing that.

The thing I've been meaning to do for ages but not got round to damn well doing is...
I really need to get some prints made and framed for some people.

Two choices I make everyday are...
Should i go to bed like a normal person or should i stay up till 6am drawing stuff, it’s normally the last option which then means me falling asleep and then being late for college which means no EMA, which then means no money for the train. It’s an ongoing cycle of madness.

If I could change anything about my cell phone I would change...
The fact that it breaks all the time I’m on my 7th blackberry, but it’s great cos I don’t like answering e-mail on my computer for some odd reason. So having it on my phone is a great.

The thing that frustrates me more than anything in my world is...
The noise of UGG boots dragging across the floor that really annoys me.

I'll know I've made it when..
when Nandos send me a black card without me asking, and I get asked to speak at a TED conference.

My biggest concern at this time in my life is...
That I will be a failure.

If I was a big brand and could use my power to make a difference I would...
I would be honest, not alot of honest Brands around.

When it comes to looking after myself, I am...
I think I could do it, I make the best Scrambled Eggs around, and I can make a tasty Bolognese's

My favourite place to think is...
On the toilet is great and on the train.

When I think about the future, it makes me feel
Excited.......and Scared

Check out what Bafic Here
or Here

No comments:

Post a Comment