Thursday, March 31, 2011

Katy B: 'I auditioned for Hermione role in 'Harry Potter''

From nme.com March 30th, 2011
Katy B: 'I auditioned for Hermione role in 'Harry Potter''
Singer was rejected after admitting she hadn't read the book
 Pic: Press












Katy B has revealed that she auditioned to play Hermione Granger in Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone when she was eight years old. However, the singer was cruelly rejected for the 2001 film after telling producers she hadn't read the book it was based on. "I auditioned to be Hermione in Harry Potter," she explained. "They were like, 'Have you read the book?' I was like, 'No.' And then they said, 'Next!'"

From community.livejournal.com

EMMA

Were you already a HP fan when you were picked?

"Yes, I was in the middle of the third book when I was picked."

What make them chose you for the role of Hermione?

"I corresponded to their idea of Hermione. More by my way of playing her than by my physical appearance. But I think what was determining for them was how perfectly compatible our three personalities were. Very early on, I was confronted to Rupert and Dan so that they could see how we functioned as a trio. After all, we were supposed to become friends until the end of the series."

END


Thank goodness she read the book. Katy should have said she read the book. I think Emma was chosen because she was a cute little tart that read the book. How else would you explain the 8 auditions she had to go through. All Emma has been in eyebrows and over dramatic. She's won no stellar awards for her role as Hermione. She was a cute little girl that became a cute woman. That's all. That's all you need in Hollywood these days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment